Regardless of how gadget-savvy you are, one classic and irresistible accessory you can’t avoid is a gel pen you use to sign or scribble vital documents and notes. It could be frustrating if the pen fails to write smoothly (or sometimes completely) while you are in a very important meeting. Hence, everyone is continually hunting for an unmatched writing tool among different gel pen brands so as to avoid these embarrassing situations.
Despite the numerous options that are available in the market, not all brands deliver exactly what they promise. Typically, the best gel pen is the one that produces sharp, smooth, and quality lines offering exceptional affordability. How can you differentiate a genuine product from a bogus one? We are here to help you.
Best Gel Pens in 2020
In this comprehensive and unbiased review, we have brought together the top ten gel pens in 2018. The picks are a result of customer reviews and expert recommendations.
Last update on 2020-10-21 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Gel Pens – 36 Gel Pen Set
If you want to awaken and empower your inner artist, the -36 Gel Pen Set is just what you want. Meticulously crafted to use ball point ink technology and the latest ink for an effortless flow, this set is suitable for children’ coloring projects, letter writers, artists and graphic designers, journalists, doodlers, embellishing craft projects, acrylic projects, and much more. The set features a wide array of bright and vibrant colors which include pastel for nostalgia, glitter for eye-catching and impact to create a traditional look, metallic to accentuate and highlight and many other vibrant colors.
Besides, it comes with thin and precise tips that allow your hand to glide over the paper and an ergonomic design to prevent hand cramping. Furthermore, the set can be customized to match the needs of any craftsperson, artist, children, and adults as well.
- On the other hand, however, you must be careful with the way you handle these pens; they are delicate, and they can break if they are not handled with care.
9. Glitter Gel Pens by Color Technik, Set of
Featuring thirty fabulous vibrant glitter and glitter neon colors, this is a magic gel pen that can be used to accomplish a variety of applications. The lead-free tips are durable and reliable to produce perfect lines, while the comfort grip guarantees simple usage and quick achievement of your artistic needs. Furthermore, the set is backed by a one-year money back guarantee that proves that the manufacturer is confident about the quality of these pens.
- With an average star rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon after more than seven hundred customer reviews, this gel pen is absolutely fantastic. Virtually every customer is satisfied with the quality of these pens.
8. Caliart 96 Coloring Glitter Gel Pen Set Including 48 Glitter Gel Pens
The Caliart 96 set comes with fourteen neon glitter pens, thirty-four glitter pens, and forty-eight replacement refills. The replacement refills are not only important in making your gel pens last as twice the amount of gliding but save on plastic for the environmental consciousness as well. They are acid-free and non-toxic, making it ideal for people of all age groups. Besides, the tips are durable and boast a high-quality design to provide a smooth, free-flowing gliding and crisp application as well.
Due to the versatile nature of the tips, this gel pen can accomplish unlimited uses from crafting to painting, drawing, doodling, scrapbooking, journal, coloring and many other applications. The manufacturer has also included a satisfaction guarantee that covers any artistry defects.
- So far so good, these gel pens have not faced any critics. Starting from the price to the overall quality, this set is unbeatable. It is just a real bargain!
7. LolliZ® 70 Gel Pens Tray Set, 70 Unique
Bring your adult coloring books and original artwork to life with a full range of unique colors. Lolliz brings you a complete assortment of pens, with each having a see-through design so you can easily find the color you want at a glance. The set also comes with 15 pastel, 17 metallics, 15 neon and 19 glitter colors that let you find the right shade to take your art to the next level.
Moreover, the pen is non-toxic and acid-free, making it a perfect choice for everyone. The five storage trays come in handy to help you keep your stuff in an orderly manner. Clearly, this is a perfect gift for artists of all skill levels. Finally, the set comes with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee; if you are not happy with the set, feel free to contact the manufacturer for further instructions.
- The problem of this essential set, however, revolves around the price. Compared to other gel pens in the same line, it is clear that the Lolliz is slightly expensive.
6. Newdoer 48 Packs Color Gel Ink Pens,The Best
The Newdoer brings you the most authoritative colors, ensuring that your creativity is not subject to any restrictions to guarantee a professional level writing experience. The set offers you long-lasting, superior, and vibrant colors that leave no skip marks, fade or smear. You can use the quick glide ink of these pens to maintain and achieve smooth lines in a regular pattern. When it comes to safety, these pens also thrive; they are acid-free and non-toxic, ensuring that you and your children are safe.
Moreover, the set provides you with special inks that are water-resistant and permanent, giving you the peace of mind that your artwork will not get blurred. The unparalleled support and the risk-free guarantee lets you buy with confidence.
- The only concern is that some pens do not write at first; however, they start working as expected with time and you won’t encounter any further problems.
5. Generic 5″ Syringe Pens, 60-Pack”
With 60 unique and unusual colors that come in a full range of styles, the Generic 5” is another standout that is will offer you a perfect professional writing experience. It is an excellent pen for sketching, coloring, drafting party invites, decorations, arts and crafts, day care activity, and scrapbooking. From the safety point of view, this set is admirable; it is both acid-free and non-toxic, and hence it is perfect for people of all ages.
The tips are durable and are made in a high-quality design. Not to mention its fold-able that makes it easy to store in your backpack, shelf, drawer, or locker.
- This set is one of the bestselling products in many online stores, and it has received many positive reviews. For example, the set has an average star rating of 4.9 out of the possible 5, which means that it has no pitfalls.
4. BIC Velocity Gel Rollerball Pen Comfort Grip Retractable
The BIC Velocity has virtually everything you need for smooth writing with a comfort grip that fits the shape of the fingertips and a water-based gel ink for efficient and convenient writing. Coming in red, blue and red colors, rest assured that this gel pen will withstand a smooth use for a long time.
It features a retractable medium nib that provides ideal lines for different writing tasks. Besides, the translucent barrel is handy in helping you to check the amount of ink left to avoid any downtimes.
- On the flip side, this set can be expensive for those who are on a tight budget. Some sets of higher quality are cheaper, but yet this one is a real bargain.
3. Caliart 200 Gel Pens Coloring Set
With one hundred gel pens and one hundred refills, the Caliart provides you with unlimited writing options. The set includes 17 Metallic, 28 glitters, 16 neon, 15 pastels, six swirls, four classics, 14 glitter neon and 100 refills, making its lifespan longer and making it environmentally friendly. It is also worth noting that this is a multi-purpose set that allows you to do doodling, coloring, sketching, writing party invitations, making decorations, writing diaries, and other works making your life happy and creative.
Further, these gel pens are acid-free and non-toxic. Finally, the 100 percent money back guarantee covers you against any defects due to craftsmanship, allowing you to shop without risk or stress.
- On the downside, however, some customers have complained that some pens do not work. Among the 100 pens, some are disappointing.
2. Pentel EnerGel-X Retractable Pen, 0.7 mm Tip
With a low viscous liquid gel ink, this gel pen is smooth flowing and quick drying than other standard gel inks, giving it the same sensation to liquid ink. The ink of this set dries up super fast, and it is loved by both left and right-handed writers because it offers a smudge-free result on hands or paper. Remember, the Pentel Energel does not require a regulator to control the flow – instead, the ink is delivered directly from the refill/ reservoir to the tip in a smooth transition.
That’s the reason why this set offers the best writing experience. The pen is fitted with a soft rubber grip that provides optimal comfort for all-day use. The 0.7 mm tip produces a medium to the fine line width.
- You may not like the tips of this pen if you like fine, thin writings. The tips are somewhat thicker, and they produce slightly thicker lines.
1. 48 Piece Pen Set – Ideal for Scrapbooking
The 48 piece pen set is a multipurpose model that brings out your creativity in a unique way. Whether you are journaling, coloring, writing a diary, or doing any crafts, this set allows you to express your ideas in a creative and efficient way. The pens are capable of gliding smoothly without leaving any skips. It comes with a fine tip that guarantees a smooth flow of ink without creating distractions.
Whether you are writing on dark or white papers, the pens work perfectly, allowing you to select the perfect background as well as color combinations. Further, it comes with a broad spectrum of various colors to enable you to bring out your creativity. Besides, these pens are meticulously crafted with precision to provide a comfortable grip and smooth functioning.
- This 48 pen set made the top cut because of good reasons. From precision to accuracy and comfortability, this model is unbeatable. So, if you invest in this product, rest assured that your money is safe.
Summarily, gel pens are among the most favored writing tools among art and craft fans and anybody who take pride in handwriting. They have made the headlines in the recent past, and they have gradually grown in popularity. These pens come in a broad range of colors and are used for different applications, thus choosing the best product for your needs is not as easy as it may sound. Our guide acts as an eye-opener. The highlighted products are worth a trial.