With so many movies and amazing TV shows being produced these days, you need the best smart TV to make your wildest dreams come true. But with so many technologies emerging such as HDR and 4k, it can be somewhat tricky to know which technology matches your needs while getting you the best value for your money. So, knowing the difference between a genuine, smart TV and a deceiving one will not only bring you the best graphics and resolution but give you the peace of mind in knowing that you have invested your hard-earned money in a quality product as well.
Are you stuck? Don’t worry! We are here to help you. Our comprehensive guide to the top rated products in 2018 is here to explain what is important when it comes to resolution and image quality, so can get an incredible viewing experience, without spending a fortune on features that are not necessary.
Best Smart TVs in 2020 Reviews
To arrive at the top ten finalists, we did not only take into consideration the price but also a broad range of features as well. Whether it is for hard-core gaming, game day or just movie night, we analyzed thousands of smart TVs to find the best models to suit everybody’s needs. Read on;
- 10. Panasonic 55″ Class (54.6″ Diag.) 4K Ultra HD
- 9. VIZIO D65u-D2 65 Inches Class
- 8. VIZIO 60″ Class (60.00″Diag.) Full-Array LED Smart TV
- 7. LG Electronics 43UH6100 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart
- 6. VIZIO D55u-D1 55″ Class Ultra HD
- 5. VIZIO D55-D2 D-Series 55″ Class Full Array LED
- 4. VIZIO E32h-C1 32-Inch 720p Smart LED TV
- 3. VIZIO D48-D0 D-Series 48″ Class
- 2. Sony KDL48R510C 48-Inch
- 1. Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV
10. Panasonic 55″ Class (54.6″ Diag.) 4K Ultra HD
Despite its low price, Panasonic 55-ich CX400 Series TC-55CX400U combines a beautiful design with excellent sound quality and unrivaled image clarity. With its two black legs, you can rest the model on a flat surface or remove the legs and mount it on the wall if you prefer so. It comes with a 4K Ultra HD direct-lit LED technology and built-in Wi-Fi view crisp that lets you enjoy a broad range of online content including YouTube, Netflix, and movies. It also comes with USB 3.0, HDMI and Ethernet ports that expand your options.
- There have been critics about the remote of this smart Tv. Many customers have noted that the remote takes an awfully long time to respond. For a digital smart Tv, the response should be immediate, unlike the analog vacuum counterparts.
9. VIZIO D65u-D2 65 Inches Class
If you are looking for breathtaking clarity, look no further! With an incredible resolution and more than 8.3 million pixels for every image, this Tv set is a real flagship killer. It comes with sixteen Active LED Zone and Full-Array LED backlighting that guarantees light uniformity and incredibly high contrast. It also features an active pixel tuning for easy adjustment of pixel-level brightness that in turn increases contrast and picture accuracy.
Moreover, the Clear action 240 is a big plus for sports and action enthusiasts who are looking for powerful image processing. With this model, you will enjoy everything in an incredible 4k Ultra HD. Furthermore, the Ultra-fast dual-band Wi-Fi and HEVC decoding, you will get HD streaming from various apps like Instant Video, UltraFlix, and Netflix.
- For the best speeds, Broadband/High-speed internet services and other access equipment are needed, but they are not provided y the manufacturer. You will buy this equipment separately.
8. VIZIO 60″ Class (60.00″Diag.) Full-Array LED Smart TV
With a distinctly modern design, this spectacular LED Smart TV could prove extremely hard to resist. It features a simple smart remote that is engineered with a straightforward and simplified layout; it’s too easy to use without button clutters. It is difficult to find a set that brings you premium HD entertainment with brilliant picture quality at this price.
The Twelve Active LED Zones and the Full-Array LED backlighting; the set produces distinct colors to make your favorite show more beautiful and vibrant. The enhanced performance and high picture quality of this model are powered by a standard and faster processor1.
- The only concern with this set is the weight. A couple of customers have said that it is relatively heavier compared to other models. However, this does not mean that the TV is not portable.
7. LG Electronics 43UH6100 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart
The LG 43UH6100 43-Inch brings you a breathtaking image clarity as well as unrivaled picture detail that will definitely amaze you. This LG TV comes with the IPS panel that uses in-plane switching to provide sharp contrast ratio and vibrant colors at wide viewing angles. It also comes with an antiglare film that helps to achieve deeper black levels.
Besides, the UHD Mastering Engine comes in handy to provide clarity, contrast and enhanced color. If you want to upgrade all your video contact to 4K quality, you can use the 4K upscaler feature. We cannot forget to mention the TruMotion 120Hz function that makes the fast moving images to appear crystal clear.
- On the flipside, this HD Smart Tv is not Bluetooth supported which reduces its versatility. Also, it has only one output – it does not have RCA output or headset jack.
6. VIZIO D55u-D1 55″ Class Ultra HD
Enjoy incredible clarity and detail with 8.3M pixels and four times the 1080p FULL HD resolution with the VIZIO D55u-D1 55-Inch LED Tv. First and foremost, this set comes with a spatial scaling engine that enables an easy transformation of 1080p Full HD TV shows, Movies and sports to 4K Ultra-HD resolution. It also features VIZIO Internet Apps that are optimized for HD streaming; it is a simple, smart TV that offers immediate access to big TV shows, hottest movies, songs, and more.
The Dual-band Wi-Fi that is three times faster than the standard 802.11n is ideal for HD video streaming. The apps of this smart TV update automatically to keep you current with the latest upgrades and improvements for an increased seamless experience.
- While this LED TV is designed to bring you the best viewing experience, it does not have a display port. It only comes with an HDMI port.
5. VIZIO D55-D2 D-Series 55″ Class Full Array LED
Arriving in a sleek and modern design, this LED Smart TV will just take your breath away! It offers brilliant picture quality, easy to use experience and brings you a wide range of features, all at an incredible value. It features an inbuilt HS Wi-Fi that gets you connected in just a snap and brings you a wide range of apps to choose from such as Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, iHeartRadio, Spotify, and more.
Also, the Full-Array LED backlighting Technology enhances light uniformity, and the twelve Active LED Zones are important in offering vivid details with more pure and deeper black levels. The D-series also includes a Clear Action 240 for enhanced detail in fast action scenes for action and sports enthusiasts
- You need app subscription and broadband Internet service, but VIZIO does not provide them. This can be a little bit expensive.
4. VIZIO E32h-C1 32-Inch 720p Smart LED TV
You have all reasons to invest in the VIZIO E32h-C1 LED TV. With a modern design and incredible picture quality, this set brings premium HD entertainment at an unbeatable value. The Full-Array LED backlighting, you are assured of superior picture performance and excellent light uniformity. Plus, the Fill-screen App Home and seven-positioned App Launcher makes it easier to find anything you want and find new apps, not to mention the Built-in Ultra-fast Wi-Fi that offers a clutter free internet connection.
You will also enjoy the revamped user interface that gives you quicker access to your favorite apps. Furthermore, the clear action 240 function enhances clarity for fast moving content.
- Some reviewers have complained about connectivity issues and especially when your apps are not updated, this may be frustrating. You should ensure that everything is up to date.
3. VIZIO D48-D0 D-Series 48″ Class
Incorporating the Internet Apps Plus feature, the VIZIO D48-DO allows you to enjoy the latest TV shows, movies, music and other premium apps directly from the internet to you LED TV. It has a full array LED Backlight that distributes LEDs behind the screen to deliver superior light uniformity and higher picture performance. Plus, it comes with five active LED zones that dynamically adjust LED backlight per each zone creating higher contrast and deeper, black levels. Besides, the clear action 240 enhances motion clarity for sharper details in fast action scenes.
- Regarding the pricing and the overall quality of this LED TV, there are no complaints. Overall, customers are satisfied with what they get.
2. Sony KDL48R510C 48-Inch
Sony KDL48R510C offers you incredible picture quality for top notch entertainment. It is an elegantly designed LED TV that boasts 1080p for excellent detail as well as Edge LED backlighting for enhanced contrast. With a Built-in Wi-Fi function, you can effortlessly stream HD Videos from any popular service like YouTube and Netflix. The TV allows you to enjoy textures even in the flat areas and it aims to reduce picture noise so that you can get greater on-screen depth and crisper images. What’s more, the LED Backlight technology offers unmatched contrast and finer dark-scene detail.
- The only concern is that there are times when the TV does not sense the remote, and you are forced to unplug it. However, this is a rare case scenario.
1. Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV
Enjoy remarkable clarity, contrast, and color with the Sony XBR43X800D HD TV. Featuring an HDR that can change the way one looks at the TV, this set is a standout. Combined with 4K HD resolution, High contrast range gives incredible detail, contrast, with a wider brightness range than any other video format. As a result, you get a lifelike picture TV that creates the finest detail and brilliant highlights. The colors are as vivid and rich as nature’s own thanks to its TRILUMINOS Display with shades of green, blue, red than ever. You will also enjoy authentic and vibrant images that evoke emotions in various scenes.
Furthermore, black levels and dramatic brightness offered by this LED TV makes it a serious flagship killer. Plus, the motion flow function keeps every action smooth, not to mention the lightweight design that enhances portability.
- We can only complain about the remote of this set. It takes some time before it can register a command. Other than that, all other aspects are nothing less of stunning.
At the end of the day, everyone yearns to have a TV set that offers the most stunning pictures for an incredible cinema experience. I believe our top ten finalists have solved the puzzle for you and you can now do your shopping without much hustle. Happy shopping!